Monday, January 17, 2011

Appendicitis


Hello everyone! I know it’s been a nice piece of time since I last wrote a blog entry but I have had some serious health issues the last month. Since October, I had been having some off and on again pain in my stomach that wouldn’t seem to go away. I told my trainer about it and we thought it could’ve been anything from a stomach virus to gas to an abdominal strain. Turns out I had a serious infection around my appendix. I have been in and out of the hospital the last month trying to treat this problem. My mother came over because she thought they were going to have to do emergency surgery but they couldn't do it. The infected area is too inflamed and no surgery can be performed to remove the appendix with infection around it. So now I am just trying to take it easy and take my medication to wait out this time enduring process. They haven’t given me a return date to when I can come back to the court but hopefully I can get back on there by the end of the month.

The team started out this month with some pretty good wins to help build our confidence going into the next round. WE won them both at home and beating my old team Rishon in the process. It really hurt me to have to sit out that game but I was super happy when we beat them. With me being out of the line-up, we don’t have as many players in rotation, so some guys have been having to play more minutes than usual. Our last few games it has caught up with us because we have played 7 games in 13 days with seven guys and we dropped some tough games. I am really looking forward to getting back on the court to help my teammates, sitting on the sideline really makes you take notice how much you really do love to play the game of basketball.


In the next few weeks I will be posting information about Larry O'Bannon’s Summer Basketball Camp ’11 on facebook and through emails. If you have any questions about any information please don’t hesitate to send us an email at the website www.larryobannon34.com. Look forward to seeing all my campers again this summer!

Larry O.

2 comments:

  1. Larry,

    Although I am a fan and employee of Maccabi Tel Aviv, I have also been a fan of yours since last season. I have been wondering why I haven't seen you on the court, and I'm very sorry to learn you've been ill. I just wanted to express my hope that you are in the process of making a full recovery, and to send you my best wishes.

    Sincerely,

    Amy Samin
    Netanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cured. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Parkinson, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Syndrome, Cancers, HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, and any kind of disease & Infections Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching, honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete